YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Talk to internal teams and collaborators to deeply understand their pains, challenges, and needs.
- Optimize our users experience with our data platform to increase discoverability and adoption and nurture education about data and use cases.
- Build strong relationships with those internal stakeholders to gather ideas, feedback and ensure alignment on your plans.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and other stakeholders to execute their initiatives and meet their business goals.
- Be the voice of our data platform initiatives internally.
- Create a strategy and roadmap for your scope. Advocate for it internally and ensure prioritization of the most leveraged initiatives.
- Help the Data Engineering team maintain the backlog, helping them clarify and estimate user stories.
- Leverage best Agile practices in order to gain productivity and predictability.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- At least 3 years of product management experience in a Data team or similar role.
- Strong experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban…).
- You have general knowledge of data environments (warehouses, lakes, marts, pipelines, mapping, ETLs...).
- You are highly analytical and can be hands-on with data analysis (SQL experience is required). You validate success via an experiment-driven approach.
- Experience with analytics and reporting for a SAAS product (customer life-cycle; marketing campain to lead, configure to contract, order to bill, invoice to recognize, support to review...).
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Strong empathy: you can deeply empathize with people who are different from you, and understand what drives their feelings and emotions, their pains and their joys.
- Strategic: you can reason about the impact of feature tradeoffs on the business.
- Ownership: you always feel accountable to deliver value to users end-to-end. You are a force of proposition and know to sweat the details when it makes a difference.
- Structured and clear communication: you are able to communicate complex ideas in simple terms. You can adapt your message to the audience and are always clear about your decision-making frameworks.
- Collaboration: you are an impactful team player and leader. You have strong listening skills and always course correct based on feedback. You know how to motivate and energize your team to make it more engaged in the pursuit of its goals. You make decisions quickly and remove ambiguity for your team to help them move faster.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest.